01 July 2012

Tibetan Teacher Trainings and American Donations


Me & the nurse in our chupas.  This is what all the teachers wear to work daily. 
This week I had the privilege of training the special educators, which was a pure joy.  Training has consisted of (1) how to take proper data, (2) writing objectives, (3) managing problem behavior with positive behavioral supports, (4) teaching social skills, and (5) how to deliver direct instruction.  Many discussions regarding individual student issues ensued as well. It’s a real honor to train teachers at Karuna Home because they are so incredibly humble.  In fact, at the end of the second training the head special educator asked me to come to her class to observe.  No one ever asks for an observer!!  It was shocking.  I’ve been observing other classes instead of hers lately because I have already been in her class over 10 times and I thought I was harassing her.  But to my surprise, she asked where I’ve been and requested that I take notes on behaviors and instruction and disseminate the notes afterward.  She is just so incredibly humble, like most Tibetans I’ve met.  Working with human beings such as these has been inspiring.

Angels from home are assembling a giant package of items to donate to Karuna Home to reduce problem behavior and increase learning.  I made most of the list, but teachers slowly started adding to it requesting specific items.  When I tell the teachers, “A big package is coming for you!” they look so excited and express gratitude profusely. 


Well, so, thanks for donating you guys.  The kids will love it too.



1 comment:

  1. Great news, BeBe. You are doing a great job, and the teachers appreciate you. Just shows the value of your work. The students will be blessed.

    ReplyDelete