05 March 2012

Proposing, Prospecting, Scholarship Applying, IRB Submitting

Currently I am in several processes that seem interrelated, but end up being more of a hassle because of the seeming overlaps.  I'm proposing to the ISP office, prospecting to the Counseling Psychology and Special Education Department, applying for scholarships through several offices, and working on the IRB.  The proposal and prospectus have similar components, but then one requires serious detail in an area that the other doesn't, and vice versa.  It's tricky to be sure that I have all required components for both "proposals."  The same applies to the scholarships I've been applying for.  I feel like I'm writing 4-5 different essays at once, but all for the same end...which can be frustrating, confusing, and often times sort of embarrassing.

 Ever since high school I've felt really embarrassed about applying for scholarships and applying for jobs, programs, etc.  The requirements of listing academic and other merit are the part I've always struggled with.  It's not that I'm claiming I have this overwhelming sense of humility as much as it's just this mental thing about writing my merits down.  I understand that I have merits, and I'm glad about them, but writing them down in a fancy way with big graduate school words sort of begging for money makes me feel embarrassed.  It's a small price to pay, of course, in the event I'm awarded money.  But for this month, I feel overwhelmed with the frustration, confusion, and embarrassment mentioned above.  I wish I could just pull from a file called "bragging file" and submit it every time without having to make sure I've fulfilled special requirements for each application.  And in the end it looks like I've officially complained about being embarrassed about applications in writing.  I'm not to happy about that either.  Hopefully the process of applying and proposing will end soon and yield successful results.

No comments:

Post a Comment